Friday, December 21, 2007

"One Sunday!"

Eight hours in church one Sunday! A day of inspiration, worship, teaching, fellowship, community, fun, laughs, good food, great music, drama, a few tears, great joy in being a part of the family of God... where else could one go and have such a great day?

Sunday, November 25th started out with early Communion and the early Worship service, complete with inspiring music, a professional quality drama on the blind man whom Jesus healed, and then some unbelievably beautiful violin duets by the Pattersons, and a most passionate, touching and uplifting message from Ricardo, pastor in the Esperanza service.

...Then I enjoyed a delicious breakfast, lovingly prepared by Pastor David.

...Then I attended three more meetings: a short Pacesetter Small Group, with fun, sharing & inspiration.

...Then a follow-up class on the Book of John, taught by a great Bible teacher, Allan Wenzel, and then on to a “Cares” class on Prayer, and "How to Let God Work through You", taught by Sally Jo Holmes, with great discussion and inspiration.

...Then I had the privilege of attending the Baptism celebration, with a 3 generation Baptism of father, son and grandfather, plus another lovely woman whom I've come to admire and love.

...Several hours later, on Sunday evening, I was honored to be a part of the "Lights of Love" Grief and Healing Service, a very touching and beautiful candlelight service, and I shed a few tears and lit a few candles.

What a beautiful day! As I returned home, my heart was so full of love for Jesus, and I was so thankful for the privilege of being a part of such a loving fellowship at Washington Cathedral. How can Heaven get better than this?

Marilyn Biggs

No comments: