Monday, March 17, 2008

"Life is Sweet!"

Yes, life is sweet! My wife Jane and I are getting a new lease on life at Washington Cathedral - and life has never been sweeter! In fact, how sweet it is to stand on the edge of tomorrow.

I was telling my son Tim, that one of the most amazing miracles I have ever witnessed is the growth of leaders at Washington Cathedral. What a privilege to call this church family home. I remember when Pastor David Gerzsenye was a hesitant seeker - wow, what a big-hearted, gifted pastor he is now. I have watched Pastor Linda Skinner grow as a great leader and fine teacher - God is working in her life. I had lunch with Pastor Michael Fernandez today and he is just full of joy. He shared his heart with me and his calling to pastoral care - I haven't seen a better pastor’s heart in all my years. And of course Pastor Naomi - I have known her since her first solo in church. She feels like family to Jane and I. We are so thankful for Bruce in her life. What a privilege to get to know Pastor Scott - I love the way his mind works. Something just clicked in my spirit when I heard him preach a few weeks ago. I love Dr. Marty Folsom’s smile - what a dream Washington Seminary has become and is becoming. Pastor Ricardo and I had coffee - God has his hand on that young mans life. It’s only a matter of time until a huge Hispanic congregation emerges. Tim McGee leading the five non-profit foundations and Bill and Elaine Brammer leading TLC’s (small groups) - what church could ask for sharper leaders? We think the world of Roy and Pam Seymour and what they are doing in Recovery Ministries. Dr. Ray Vath, Dr. Bob Hoskins, Dr. Paul Huang - what a team! Janette Backlund and the entire Children’s Ministries team that loves the kids of this church would be a source of pride for any church. The young intern-pastors working with youth are each world changers and I have been preparing all my life to help Rey and Elise accomplish the impossible in the Tegucigalpa city dump.

I enjoy the people of the congregation, the administrative assistants, musicians, maintenance people and... I am pretty proud of the Co-Senior Pastors Tim and Jackie. We feel like we’ve stepped onto an all-pro team. Yes, how sweet it is to stand on the edge of tomorrow!!!

Dr. Dale C. White
Cathedral Canon

1 comment:

Rey, Elise, and Elijah said...

I thoroughly enjoy the Blog-style Radiance devotionals! Reading devotionals from people I know, whose walks with God I cherish inspires me like nothing else can. Thanks for bringing the body of Christ through the computer and making it accessible to those who are far geographically (like me).