Saturday, October 11, 2008

Join Us As We Learn The Conversation of Hope

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:4-6


Hi Linda!

I thought I should relay this to you –

When I got home from discipleship, we had a flurry of young adults (plus Bill!) in the house.Jackson, Whitney (the 19-year-old co-guardian of her brother), and Bill were grilling meat and cooking pasta, and there were homemade cream puffs on the bar. Jonathon and Brett (18-year-old buddies of Jackson’s) were upstairs. I started visiting with Whitney and explained to her that I had just been to discipleship class, and that whenever I feel stressed out and overwhelmed on a “discipleship day”, I find that rather than adding to my stress, discipleship always seems to relieve my stress and realign my priorities. I sat with all of them in the kitchen while they had their dinner, then we went out to Bill’s shop to see the new caboose he just got for his electric train. It was a very nice evening and I just wrote to thank you for taking the time to teach discipleship. It put me in the mood to appreciate my family and friends when I got home. It’s the one thing in my life that I am not “responsible” for, and I find it very rewarding.

Of course, I’m on track for a near all-nighter this evening, but at least I have a relaxing start!

Thanks again,
Elaine

No comments: