Monday, November 17, 2008

"A Thank You!"

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16
We recently received some very nice letters thanking us for the wonderful ministries of Washington Cathedral. I was given permission to share one of them with you.
Dear Pastor Tim,
(And each of the Pastors that have shown so much of Jesus’ love.)

Almost 9 years have passed since I came in to see you saying I had cancer. I will never forget how you encouraged me, anointed me with oil and prayed. After nearly a year of treatment, my cancer has not returned. Thanks also for all of your encouraging sermons!

Pastor Naomi, you were so faithful in visiting Richard in his last days in the hospital. He loved it when you sang to him. Thanks for dropping everything to be with my family after Richard passed away.

Pastor Michael, thanks for helping with Richard’s memorial service and for the big smile and hug on Sunday mornings.

Rhonda, I want to thank you for the beautiful songs you sang at Richard’s service.

Marilyn, you have been so loving and faithful in our Sunday morning TLC. Thanks for all of your prayers, lessons and love.

Many, many others have touched my life at Washington Cathedral. What a wonderful church! My blessings and prayers for each of you.

I love you all,
Isabelle Booe
For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith." Romans 1:17
Isn’t it great to be part of such an incredible church!
Your friend for the rest of my life,
Tim White

No comments: