Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"February – A Month to Live!"

I was ruminating about Pastor Linda’s message last weekend while I was purging my computer files and ran across an article by Tony Snow, Press Secretary for FormerPresident Bush. He was facing a losing battle with cancer and penned some words thatI found especially memorable so I saved the entire article. In it, he posed this question: “Can we surrender our concern in things that don’t matter so that we might devote our remaining days to things that do?”

That was the pivotal sentence that brought me back to Linda’s message and ultimately to my decision about this month.

“…I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life…” (Deut. 30: 19-20)

“I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full” (John 10:10)

That is how I want to live out the remaining days of this month of February. I wantto live life to its fullest. I want to experience His love in a new way. I want to give love to others in a whole new way. I want to pray without ceasing and give without counting the cost. I want to forgive any petty grievance I may have about any sillylittle episode I may recall. If forgiveness is in order, I want to give it willingly and then put it behind me. I want to push aside my fears and insecurities about people who I think may not like me and reach out with a hand of friendship. I want to live as Jesus wants me to live NOW!

This is going to be an amazing month! February is the month to LIVE!

By Pastor Sally Jo Holmes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Sally Jo is always an inspiration to me. She lives out what she believes, and encourages others to do so as well.