Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"The Glory of Easter 2010!"

Then the disciple who had reached the tomb first also went in, and he saw and believed. John 20:8

I love Holy Week and I completely enjoy Easter!!! I can't tell you what it means to me to review the depth of the teaching ofPassover, to relive again with Jesus his passion, celebrate the forgiveness of Christ from the Cross, and to entertain the ideas of the resurrection. My heart just thrills. I think of my grandparents, I think of my grandchildren, I think of all my friends that have gone on to heaven and I think of my own life. It makes me tremble inside as I pray for Holy Week services knowing that I could invite someone who might find a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

And yes, I am so proud of my dad, Dr. Dale White, and Pastor Naomi Blake for producing a drama which tells the story of Easter fresh and new- - - it spreads revival like wildfire. Last Christmas I was blown away by the drama and I have read the script for this Easter and it’s even better. I pray that our whole meta church family can gather together for the 11 am service to see this glorious pageant- - - one of the few in the area and one of the best ever done in the Pacific Northwest!

Easter week will include: my dad having a soup lunch at noon Monday through Friday and discussing “The Seven Last Words of Christ” with anyone who would like to join him. He will anoint the sick and pray for healing every day that week.

Monday night at 7pm “One is a Whole Number” congregation is going to have a special Easter service and I am preaching. Yes, it will be a different message than my others that week, but I am looking forward to celebrating with this dynamic congregation (Pastor David is even going to sing.)

Wednesday night at 7pm “The Source” I will teach on the Passover. What a time to grow deeper in our understanding not only of our faith, but of the prophecy fulfilled in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Thursday night at 7pm our “Serenity Service” is going to have Pastors Roy and Pam Seymour preaching with special music that will touch your heart.

Friday night at 7pm is our “Good Friday” service and our newest congregation Rooted Gathering is going to lead this service withwonderful music and three homilies by three dynamic young people from our church. It will include communion and candlelight in front of the waterfall.

Saturday night at 6pm “Boulder Creek” congregation will have a special Easter service with children bringing flowers into thesanctuary, brass, an incredible praise team and a dynamic, stirring Easter message by Dr. Dale White.

And of course we are going to have an “Easter Sunrise Service” at 6:45am. Pastor Linda Skinner will be preaching, we will haveinstrumental Easter music and a touching soloist - what a great way to greet the dawn!

Then, at 7:30am our traditional Easter “Blueberry Pancake Feed” will be open to all the congregations; Coptic, Korean, Hispanic, Brazilian, etc.- - - all in a big family-style feast!

Easter Sunday at 9am “Spirit Falls” congregation will be my opportunity to give my full Easter sermon. I love this traditional service with robes, choir, liturgy, the Lord’s prayer, kids bringing in flowers and dynamic music.

Easter Sunday at 11am in Mountainside Sanctuary will be “The Glory of Easter” drama and I will have a short, uplifting, Easter presentation of the Good News. And we’ll have a special guest from the Seattle Opera who’s singing will stir your soul!

Easter Sunday at 1pm will be our annual community “Easter Egg Hunt”- - - this is always an event never to be forgotten.
Easter Sunday at 5pm our “Sunday 5” congregation will enjoy the Shalom of Easter as they celebrate with a special Easter service.

Every service and every congregation will be blessed and overflowing! Please come to at least one of the services, but you arealways welcome to any or all of them. Just make sure that you don't miss our special “Easter Drama,” Sunday at 11am! It will be our best and our opportunity to fill up our 1100 seat Mountainside Sanctuary- - - that in itself is really inspiring! Bring your friends and give them a tour of our amazing facility as all the different congregations worship throughout the week.

This will be the greatest Easter of our lives so far! Won't you come home for Easter at Washington Cathedral!!!

Your friend for the rest of my life,

Pastor Tim White

No comments: