Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Some Good News!"

Last week we went door-to-door to over 1,200 homes telling people about the Randy & Rod Halvorson ReCreation Center which is open to the community. People couldn’t believe that we have a pool that is open to the public. Before we got back to the church, young families were stopping by to use it and we were getting calls asking more about this meta church that is bringing different kinds of churches togetherunder the love of God. In 26 years of going door-to-door, I have never seen such aresponse. Sure, I was sore each evening (but I need the exercise) and I am so blessed to know that we are filling the church up with new friends and unlimited possibilities.

Last Tuesday I came out of Pastor Linda’s office with a huge smile on my face. She told me that we now have over 1,000 people who are card-carrying members and 60% of those are not even attenders of Washington Cathedral! Plus, we are running the pool at a slight profit rather than a deficit! She noted that it’s because of all the volunteer work being done! Operating at a profit helps support the other ministries of the church. When I walked out into the waiting room I ran into a good friend of mine―a friend that has stuck by my side through the entire adventure of building this church. I blurted out, “I just found out that we are already running the pool at a profit.” He smiled as big as I did. He said, “That makes me so happy. I thought this pool might become a money pit for the church.” We both just enjoyed the fact that God knew what He was doing when he built this building and we are amazed that thisoutrageous blessing/idea is working. Paul put it this way, “All things work together for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)

God is releasing His favor on Washington Cathedral and it is a joy just to be a part of it.

Your friend for the rest of my life,

Pastor Tim White

1 comment:

Chester Qualls said...

Awesome. Who doens't love a swimming pool? The new facility is amazing and I am praying that it will continue, and grow to be an even bigger blessing to the community and to the church itself.