Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"October 4th, 2009 - 25th Anniversary!"

Don’t Miss the Historic 25th Anniversary of Washington Cathedral Sunday, October 4th 11:00am in the Mountainside Sanctuary!
The Scriptures tell about powerful reunions and renewals…

Then he said to me, “Son of man, these bones represent the people of Israel. They are saying, ‘We have become old, dry bones—all hope is gone. Our nation is finished.’ Therefore, prophesy to them and say, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: O my people, I will open your graves of exile and cause you to rise again. Then I will bring you back to the land of Israel. When this happens , O my people, you will know that I am the Lord. I will put my Spirit in you, and you will live again and return home to your own land. Then you will know that I, the Lord,have spoken, and I have done what I said. Yes, the Lord has spoken!’” Ezekiel 37:11-14

Sunday, October 4th is going to be “one of those moments” and I pray that you can be there. We will be celebrating a quarter century of our history together trying to build the greatest caring network that the world has ever seen! What a dramatic story. I hope with all my heart that everyone will show up. Those who are busy in the dream right now and even those from the past who have gone on to other dreams, but at the same time we all know that we would not have gotten this far without them. I hope it is like a great reunion. I have been a part of a number of reunions. None as emotionally touching as when our high school football coach died. I drove to eastern Washington to meet with guys that I had gone to war with and a bond had been formed that will last for eternity. We tried to honor our coach by making a statement in front of his family about what these trying times meant to us. Do you know what we kept saying? “Why didn’t we get together before he died to celebrate everything that happened?” This is that opportunity for Washington Cathedral. Twenty-five years of adventure on the battlefield of a great dream! At the same time we will be dedicating our new Mountainside Sanctuary as a holy spot before God. We have Deans and Presidents that are going to be there to help with this task, but they will really just be spectators as a reunion of dreamers takes place. We will take a huge group photo and everyone will sign a scroll to memorialize the occasion which will go into a power capsule to be opened every ten years as a remembrance of the founders of a great dream.

With all my heart I hope that we can completely fill the new Mountainside Sanctuary for this occasion. So let me ask you for a favor, “If I or the pastoral team at Washington Cathedral have ever helped you at any time in your life please help us by coming to this service and bringing a friend.” I hope that some who have moved away can come back and that there is this great feeling of reunion of people who have loved each other and dared to be used at one time or another to help build a great caring network. Jackie and I will be there for as long as it takes to have ourpicture taken with each family or individual so that we can give you a gift (a memorial photo) thanking you for being a part of the history of this great dream. I promise you the music will be amazing! God’s spirit will be electric! It will be one of those historic moments that most of get to enjoy maybe only once in a lifetime. We will be at a reunion (not to celebrate in response to a tragedy) but an incredible victory! 25 years of miracles!!! And we know that you and I are some of those miracles! Please come and bring a friend.

Your friend for the rest of my life,

Pastor Tim White

PS. We will have an international potluck at noon right after the service. Come and enjoy food from everybackground that is a part of Washington Cathedral- - - Coptic, Asian, Native American, Hispanic, Norwegian,Eastern European & more! So bring a large dish to share and join us. What a great time of fellowship this will be!

No comments: