Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Celebrating 25 Years!"

“I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me.”
Revelation 3:8
If ever I have been an encouragement to you – you can in turn encourage me by being here this weekend on our 25th Anniversary and bring a friend. If Sunday at 11am is the only time you can come that would be wonderful. But if you can spend the weekend being renewed, please join us for our Friday Night Rally with Dr. Carl George and our Saturday Leadership Summit with some of the top Biblical theologians in the nation! Then join us at 11am onSunday for a historic moment! One that you will never forget! I promise you this will be a sweet moment, renewing your faith and your dreams!!!

Some of the last words that my Grandpa said to me were, “Go thank those noble lay-people who stood by my side and dreamed the dreams that God has given me.” Grandpa sighed, “I will never be able to honor or thank them enough.” This weekend is my opportunity to thank all the people who had the foresight, the courage, and the blessing of joining this great dream for the last 25 years and pioneering this adventure.

Renew our dream to build the greatest caring network that the world has ever seen – and renew our lives as yourenew the dream! Please, God, do it this weekend. Make it one of the greatest mountain peaks of our lives!!!

On Sunday, October 4th, we are going to have a chance to sign a proclamation and have our names entered into a time-capsule that will be buried on the property—recording for history the names of the pioneers of this dream.Included in that capsule will be a photo of everyone who attends the 11am service. On this special occasion we will be dedicating the Mountainside Sanctuary to the Lord Jesus Christ. It will be a powerful, emotional, victoriousmoment that will not be the same without you there. After this momentous services, we will enjoy a delightfulinternational potluck lunch. You have heard of our Esperanza Congregation but have you tasted their Hispanic food? You are going to love it! You have heard of our Pacific Islander’s TLC but have you tasted their food? You’ll never find anything as delicious! You have heard of the Egyptian Congregation but you have not experienced life until you have tasted their baklava!! What about Norwegian, Irish, African, Eastern European, and all the other greatnationalities represented in our diverse community? Jackie is going to be making her unique “Danish/CherokeeChili” - can you take the hot stuff? What a great family experience! Bring your swimming suit and let your family go swimming afterwards or buy an ice-cream cone at Theno’s. I have been in on the planning of this service and the music alone will be worth bringing a friend. But there is so much more packed into this 11am service. Now, all the other services will continue and they will be great, but don’t miss the 11am service because it will be outstanding! Please come and bring a friend. I will count it as a favor that I will never forget.

Your friend for the rest of my life,

Pastor Tim White

PS! On Sunday, after the 11am service, Jackie and I will be there to have our picture taken with you and your family in front of the Mountainside Sanctuary and we will send you a gift in the mail—memorializing you as a pioneer of a great dream and thanking you for your God-sent friendship.

No comments: