Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"Seeking God!"

“Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and prayand seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven andwill forgive their sins and restore their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:13-15

“The poor will eat and be satisfied. All who seek the Lord will praise him.Their hearts will rejoice with everlasting joy.” Psalm 22:25-27

“The humble will see their God at work and be glad.Let all who seek God’s help be encouraged.” Psalm 69:31-33
As I was reading the bible it occurred to me that in our own lives, we seek to spend time with people and when they make time for us we are blessed and happy. How much more does the Father feel when I make time to spend with Him. There is a difference to spending time and making time. I can find that I spend time with someone out ofnecessity and it fits in with the schedule and those can be blessed times too.

But, isn’t there a subtle difference when it is “sought” time to be spent with someone. We do it in dating, when we want to be with our loved one, we make time for them sometime adjusting the schedule of our lives to accommodate; just think how pleased our Father would be if we extended the same consideration to Him.

God is always ready and waiting for us to make that move toward Him; to have the quiet one-on-one in a devotion or reading with undivided attention and no distractions. I have found this to be the best time of my day and I come away with blessings and promises to get me through my day, until the next time…

Fiona Monaghan

No comments: