Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Prophetic Voice

"Listen! I hear the voice of someone shouting.” Is 40:3

I sometimes hear a voice. . . . . . voices. . .
they are saying. . . whispering. . . . shouting
“Why? Why can’t you just be a normal church?
You know. . . a church-church!”
Dignified. . . biblical. . . oh, very biblical
spiritual. . . yes, very, very spiritual
a comfortable church!
Let someone else remember the
garbage dump children.

Only Imagine
Imagine a little boy
or a little girl
caught in a huge area. . . of burning garbage.
It’s only a dream. . .
it’s not even nice.

She’s crying. . . crying
whimpering, helplessly
wiping her eyes with her dirty little dress
the wind picks up! She screams
“Help me! Help me!
Someone help me!”

You run. . . you run, run, run
she sees you coming. . .
holds up her little arms
flames leap. . . you just run harder.
She opens her arms! You scoop her up
and you run and run and run!

I think we have just defined our church- - - did you know Pastor, Dr. Rey Diaz has studied 27 of the worlds largest dumps? Guess we’ll take them one at a time! Caleb

No comments: