Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"What Am I Learning?"

Worry is unbelief. Can I trust God to handle all the details in my life when I ask Him to? I see that even though the Hebrews believed in the Almighty God, they still felt the need to have the local shrines and gods at their disposal for the everyday care of things. Could we do the same in our world on a different level? We put bank accounts, education,people’s expectations of us ahead of God and these things can become “little gods” to us.

I remember hearing that when we let family or even a spouse become more important to us than God, we have created an idol. God wants to be everything to us. Not anafterthought and not only when everything else has failed, but first and foremost in our lives. He is to be Provider, Savior, Best Friend… all of it! When He is truly in that place in my life then I have the ability to prioritize all others in my life correctly. With God first, I am a better mother because I recognize it doesn’t all depend on me, a better friend asI can allow God’s leading in my life as to how to treat friends better and be supportive and not enabling. If I live from the place of seeking God then all others in my life will be taken care of appropriately. This was all God wanted from His people. He wanted them to seek Him with all heart, body, soul and mind and not depend on the ‘household gods’ for the everyday needs of life.

Thank-you, Father for teaching me this. When I make you first in all things it is bothcrucial and profitable. How easily I slip into the mode of thinking that You expect me to do a lot of this by myself and only rely on You for the “big stuff” when You want to be in charge of it all. My part is to be obedient to Your directions for my life. Patience andwisdom come with seeking You, and knowing Your ways through reading your guidebook to me. Direct my steps today to accomplish all that You have for me to do. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: