Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"God is at Work!"

WOW God has been working hard! Hi, Pastor Tim... I’m not sure if you remember me... my name is (anonymous). I had a baby girl August 31, 2003 you dedicated her to Jesus and I was baptized the same day. I sat in the front right of the sanctuary all the time. I was married to a Hispanic man and I moved to Mexico with him shortly after the baby was born. We are now divorced. I married again - to a Christian man - July 18th 2009. He is a police officer in Myrtle Point Oregon. He leads worship at church. We just had a baby (that's number two for me). I've been up all night finding songs for worship and out of the blue thought of all the amazing people I was so blessed to have met when I attended Washington Cathedral. I was amazed at the blessing your community has now. I remember when the pool was just the dream and now it's God's work at hand!

What I learned there at Washington Cathedral carried me through my ugly divorce and abuse. My child and I fled Mexico to start over here in Oregon with my family. We almost died down there. I will always love my ex-husband, however his drinking became severe enough that we were locked in a bedroom and he would put food through the door for us to eat. He told me that I would never see my family again! I wish I was more open to you or the leaders there at Washington Cathedral. The abuse started while I was pregnant. I was seeing a pastor there for counsel, however I wasn't honest. Due to my pride I couldn't tell anyone what was happening behind closed doors at home. I have gone through a lot, but the memories, the compassion, and the worship at Washington Cathedral kept my head up.

I want to make a trip and visit some of my friends. (Name removed) has really given her life to the Lord. I brought her with me to church before I left for Mexico and she continued for a while then relocated to a different church and city. Her husband has also given his life to Jesus.

I hope to see you and Jackie sometime this year for a Sunday.

Anonymous
(Printed with author’s permission)

No comments: