Thursday, May 26, 2011

"Let's Celebrate!"

For last night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood beside me. Acts 27:23


In one of the toughest moments of his life, the apostle Paul was going through a storm and we see this one verse (above). It is an amazing verse. God was by his side in the tough times. This has been my experience—that God has sent Angels in the form of friends to stand by my side in the toughest storms of life. I want us all to celebrate that right in the teeth of this recession. Washington Cathedral raised 75 thousand dollars for the children living in the city dump of Tegucigalpa Honduras. We raised 4 full-ride scholarships for kids graduating from AFE School to go to the university. We have our financial challenges as a church, but what a display of generosity! Attendance has been up with new people coming to the church and many wanting to join. We are starting three new congregations and the dream- - - God's dream- - - is moving forward.

Last night a new family from Russia attended The Source. They have a ministry of adopting at-risk kids and loving them as God himself would love them. My dad told the amazing mom that she was his hero and that her ministry is like the highest ideals of this great caring network. She said, “What for? I’m not doing anything.” As my dad told me this story I thought, “This is definitely a God thing,” because with God standing by your side (or sending an angel) it lifts the burden away and turns it all into a sweet adventure that makes life worth living.

Your friend for the rest of my life,

Pastor Tim White

No comments: