Wednesday, August 10, 2011

“According to Your Faith”

When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” “Yes, Lord,” they replied. Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith let it be done to you.” Matthew 9:28-29

I love sales people! I really do! I love them because they are people who cannot afford to be negative and faithless about life. If they are, they see it in their paycheck. They have to be positive, optimistic, upbeat, and enthusiastic or their family will not get paid. These are common ordinary people who are masters of self-motivation and discipline- - - and they have so much to teach us. Recently, I was talking to a friend who has been in our church for years. When I asked him how his business was going, he said something like this, “Oh, I always have all the possibilities that I want, because I help good people solve their problems and I don’t believe in the word impossible.” He went on to explain that it seems like every job he does is one that some competitor has given up on. His secret is that he knows that he can do ithe just has to find a way. When he does that and a little bit more for free- - - there is no limit to the number of jobs or the amount of times his customers want him back. I told my friend, “You are a possibility thinker!!”

There’s a level of performance that’s truly above the natural realm, and to get there just takes a little bit of trust!

I wonder how many people right now are putting themselves in self-imposed quicksand? They are imagining all the ways they might fail. They are worried to death that someone is going to take advantage of them by asking them to do something for free. How refreshing it is to hold a five-minute conversation with someone who dares to believe in deeper, more powerful values and principles.

Many people are claiming to trust God, but in point-of-fact they are rehearsing how their lives and businesses are going to fail. And then they blame God for the mistakes that they themselves sowed into their lives through unbelief.

Right now I am praying for you to move to the next level- - - the level of faith. A faith that will cause you to make the scary phone call, pound out the bold business plan, stretch to do the right thing even if it’s uncomfortable. I believe that Jesus is whispering to you, “According to your faith let it be done to you!”


Your friend for the rest of my life,

Pastor Tim White

No comments: