Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Words of Encouragement: An Investment Worth Making!

Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:28-31)

I recently received a facebook message from someone who was in my youth group as a young man. I was so encouraged and uplifted by his words I decided to share them with you:

Dear Tim,

35 plus years ago you ministered through football (and many other avenues of activities) to a young boy who did not understand this world. After many times in jail and years of drug and alcohol addictions, your words of encouragement (and I am sure many prayers) have finally found a home in this man’s heart.

I have looked for you many times and tonight God placed your face on facebook. My heartfelt thanks to you and Jackie for believing enough in us young boys to spend time (and lots of energy) on us. This man is very thankful and grateful to you! I am a Pastor now for about ten years. I have worked with youth and adults and Counseled for over 5 years at Teen Challenge.
I currently have been pastoring and working with Native Americans here on the Standing Rock Reservation, North Dakota, for the past 2 1/2 years. Tim, thank you, may God richly bless you as you continue to serve Him. I have never forgotten your investment.

Phil Wolverton











You never know how God will use your heartfelt prayers and words of encouragement. I pray that you are an encouragement to your family and friends and that you receive God’s encouragement for your own life.

Happy New Year!

Your friend for the rest of my life,

Pastor Tim White

1 comment:

Fiona said...

one day in heaven we might get to hear and see something of all the people we have influenced in our lives. How special when we get to see a preview like this. thanks for sharing. it is an encouragement for all of us when we get to see someones life that we had a small part in adding something to...