Monday, September 22, 2008

"Trust Him!!!"

“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace ecause you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope hrough the power of the Holy Spirit.”
Romans 15:13

Did you ever get a great big dose of hope? A moment when you felt loved by God, supported by your friends and family and you stepped out witht the faith tthat the possibilities in your life were unlimited? That is the beginning of a very human adventure!

These kind of adventures remind me of when I got on a plane for Jerusalem and headed to graduate school, or moved with Jackie and our tiny children to start a church we thought had the possibility of becoming the greatest caring network the world had ever seen, or my younger years in track leaning forward in the the starting blocks as I heard, "Ready, Set, Bang, Go!!!"

I have a very important question for you. What is life - if it is not an adventure? It is a bore – atorture test, a waste of good time and great opportunities. Therefore I pray that God, who is the source of hope will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust Him. That is the foundation for the overflowing confident hope talked about in the next sentences. Trust Him - Trust that God is not through with you yet. Get comfortable in your skin – deal with the realism that you are who you are and in the future the sky is the limit with God at the helm of your life. Honest growth, real change, new opportunities, exciting intervention by God’s love, all working through you. Trust Him - He knows what is going on in the financial world. Trust Him – He can handle your deepest insecurities. Trust Him - He can take a rag-tag group and make them into a group of winners, overflowing with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

In many different faiths they pray in public several times a day. I challenge you to look towards the sunrise, the Cascade mountains and say out loud like you mean it. “I trust you God! My life will be a great adventure!!!” Do this three times and if you don’t feel better… call a Pastor...

Your friend for the rest of my life,
Pastor Tim White

No comments: