Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"Angels Among Us?"

“And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’” Matthew 25:40

Hey Pastor Tim,

I have a few questions for you. I went on the church website today and saw the headline and was taken aback. It was talking about angels being all around us.

You see late last night I was leaving the grocery store. It was snowing and freezing outside. Before I pulled out onto the main road I saw a woman standing on the side of the road with her dog. She had a sign asking for anything anyone could spare. Now usually I am not one to give things away to homeless people (perhaps that is bad - I don’t know) but for whatever reason I felt so strongly for that woman. Usually my boyfriend is the one who gives, gives, gives - but this time it was me who felt for the person.

I had my boyfriend turn the car around. We parked the car and marched right up to that woman. We asked if we could get her something to eat or get her a coffee. This woman was close to 65 years old, missing many teeth and practically blind. She was all bundled up, but still freezing. The woman replied with, “Just a coffee and maybe something for my doggie.” Here she is freezing and she wants her dog to be able to eat, because he is the only thing she has. We went to Starbucks and bought a turkey sandwich and the biggest coffee they had and brought them to her. I will never forget the eyes of that woman, she was so grateful. It honestly made my day!

You know, it’s funny because it happens that my car payment is late. When you have the least amount of money and are almost out of gas, you have to trust the Lord. I left there trusting that I would have gas until Friday (payday) and knowing that that woman wouldn't go hungry that night.

As we were driving home, I just knew that situation was a test from God. I thought, “I wonder if she was an angel?” I went home thinking nothing more of it and then woke up to find the headline "Are There Angels All Around Us?" My question is, “Are there? Was that homeless woman just a woman who I was feeding or an angel? Is that possible?”

Brianna Howell

No comments: