Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"Excitement at the Stairs!"

And Jesus said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children…….Matthew 18:3

The most inspirational place to be in the Re-Creation Center, in my opinion, is at the bottom of the stairs! My heart sings with joy and laughter as I watch the feet of small children climb the mountainous stairway to the classrooms. I can see the excitement in the children as they anticipate reaching the top. These precious children do not see the staircase as an obstacle. Just the opposite is true. Climbing the stairs is the beginning of the adventure they call Sunday school!

Every class for children at Washington Cathedral is a Growing in Jesus TLC (Tiny Little Church.) Although the smallest of our flock do not fully understand what a TLC is ~ they definitely know when they are in class they meet with Jesus. I can only imagine how their hearts are smiling up at Him before they even reach the top of the stairs.

We are all children of God and we are never too old to experience the child-like joy that comes from anticipating a personal meeting with Jesus. Next time you find yourself climbing stairs in the Re-Creation Center I hope your heart will jump for joy as you walk toward Jesus.

By Jannette Backlund

No comments: